For the next few weeks, I am starting a series called ‘Why Yoga Matters.’ I will be going into more detail as to why yoga is important to your overall health for both the body and the mind. Today is the first issue and a new one will come out later on this week!
The Practice of Yoga
The practice of yoga connects the mind, body, and breath, to create balance and energy in the body. Physical poses, breathing exercises, and meditation is also apart of this amazing practice to improve overall health and well-being. Some people consider this practice to be a spiritual one even though it has never actually been viewed as a religion.
Approximately 7 million people in the United States alone practice some type of yoga, whether it be in the form of dance, stretching, exercise or even martial arts. There are many types of yoga as well, like Integral, Bhakti, Ananda, Hatha, Bikram and many more!
Benefits of Yoga
The practice of yoga has numerous benefits including increased flexibility, strength, and balance. Combing breathing exercises and meditation into this practice can help promote overall physical and mental well-being as well.
Some More Benefits Include:
- Increased flexibility with poses that trigger different joints of the body that are not normally affected in most regular exercise routines.
- Improve the function and lubrication of joints, ligaments, and tendons, and helps to alleviate pain.
- Helps to stimulate and massage your internal organs to help prevent disease.
- Brings more calm and relaxation into your life and helps your mind to let go of negativity and stress.
- Increases circulation and offers a complete detoxification of the body.
- Aids in focusing the mind on what’s important and releasing what is not
- Excellent way to tone muscles and promotes strength, balance, and also aids in shedding excess fat from the body.
So… what are you waiting for? Why not start taking part in this age-old practice and enjoy the benefits for yourself. There’s no better day than today!
To your first issue of Why Yoga Matters,
P.S.- If you enjoyed this post on This Is Why Yoga Matters (The Practice of Yoga), remember to like, share, and comment below.
P.S.S.- Want to take classes anywhere and at any time?
P.S.S.S- If you want to check out the whole ‘Why Yoga Matters’ series click HERE.